The Premiere Site For Celebrity Plastic Surgery By A Real Plastic Surgeon

I'm a Michigan-based Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been featured on Dr. 90210. The info here is my opinion alone and should not be taken as fact or as medical advice. I've not treated any of the celebrities presented here.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Jane Fonda On Her Plastic Surgery


It's funny that Jane Fonda admitting to having had plastic surgery is suddenly news now, especially since I reported it on this blog 7 months ago (click here for that!). She is now going public with her plastic surgery. According to CBS News:

The 73-year-old actress revealed to Entertainment Tonight that she "recently had plastic surgery."
"It was a hard decision to make, and I decided if I'm going to do it, I'm going to tell the truth," Fonda said. "I'm writing a book about aging, so I can't write that book and not say I've had plastic surgery. And you know, I just decided it was for me -- I don't want to have bags under my eyes that make me look tired, and so forth and so on."

"I got tired of not looking like how I feel and I wanted a more refined chin line like I used to have so I changed my mind."

No one who is 73 looks as good as she does without the help of a scalpel. Yes, that includes you Raquel Welch and Joan Collins! Kudos to Jane's plastic surgeon.

Thanks for reading.

Anthony Youn, M.D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear, platysmaplasty is the *best* procedure ever for taking years off of a woman's face.

Antonia Rosina said...

With respect, Dr. Y., My sister is 75 and looks considerably better, fresher and younger than Ms. Fonda. She would rather die than go near an injectable or scalpel. My mother was getting whistled at well into her 70s. My father also had a flawless skin and no sagging well into his late 70s. (My parents are first cousins.) Personally, I think Ms. Fonda looks every year of her age, plastic surgery or not. Nothing wrong with that either!

With regard to the previous comment, Sharon Osbourne's neck has me intrigued. It looks like that of a 20-year-old. Is this just the result of a platysma tightening? There's a pic of her on my blog and I'm trying to figure out why her neck and décolleté looks so good. It looks even better in real life and I'm jealous! Any ideas?